"not because I have much but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing"

She was totally slain by the Spirit.

And everybody knew.

They could see her piety.

She was the first one in church and the last one to leave church.

The one who would greet you with a smile.

And enquire about everything that concerned you.

She did not have much but she gave without ceasing.

Her love was actionable.

Her patience amiable.

Her self sacrifice legendary.

Yet somehow because she was meek in spirit, demure in appearance and self deprecating in attitude she never rose above the position of usher.

But she was happy.

Until she lost her job and her life went into a downward spiral.

As she plummeted down the hill of self-fulfilment, there was no one to break her fall.

Everyone she reached out to responded in a sanctimonious tone...

'God will do it for you..."

"Sister there is an intercessory service on Friday, come and the Lord will turn your condition around..."

"You have to search yourself sister, the Devil can only attack you if you have given him the authority through sin..."

"I am also waiting on the Lord, once he helps me, I will help you..."

"Come to my office in the evening. If you know what to do, then I am sure I will be able to help..."

"Go and speak to the Pastor na, you have served the church well he should be able to help you..."

"If you have been faithful with your tithes and offerings, then this shouldn't be happening to you..."

No one helped.

And she stopped coming to church.

Apart from a few cursory absent minded enquiries no one noticed.

After three months.

No one remembered her.

And one Sunday the pastor mounted the stage.

He was clad in his finery and beholden in his wealth.

But he was not his usual boisterous self.

He stood there silently for a moment that felt close to forever.

Then he spoke in his gravely British accented voice.

"I am broke."

The congregation gasped.

"I made an investment in a start up company and now it has failed. I have lost all of my savings."

The congregation groaned.

"I need money to start over again. The Lord has decreed that anyone who sows a minimum of ten thousand naira into my life will receive a pleasant surprise. He will embarrass you with blessings. Stand up if you believe."

Over half of the congregation jumped to their feet.

"Come forward with your cash and if you don't have money on you, go and use the ATM in the main lobby."

Some went forward, others ran to the lobby.

The pastor stood there and waited as they gathered.

When they were complete, he pointed to his feet.

"Drop the money here."

They surged forward and placed the monies around his feet until it formed a huge heap, then they all stepped back and waited.

The pastor stared at the naira notes and then at the standing people.

He lifted his microphone and called out a name.

The congregation looked around in confusion since it had been a while they heard that name.

The door main door opened and she walked in.

She was her usual smiling self.

The usher they had all forgotten.

There were whispers as she walked down the central aisle as the people stared at her.

The crowd in front of the stage parted to make way for her.

It was like they had all descended into a trance.

She climbed up the short stairs and stood in front of the Pastor.

He smiled at her.

She smiled at him.

He lifted up the microphone and spoke as he pointed to the money at his feet.

"Sister this is your money. God has provided for you."

A murmuring spread around the church.

The pastor turned to the congregation. His face was a commentary of deep disappointment.

"Why are you people like this?"

Alot of people are hungry.. Alot are helpless. Pastor is a human being not a God. The help you give to a friend or a stranger in time of need... Can attract greater blessings at times....

I am a single lady, a business woman, based in port Harcourt... I help alot.. God knows I do.. And had a lot of friends... But right now, I lost about 3million to a business I did.... But what  pains most is that, all my effort to get a little assistance from all my friends, failed....  And non even calls to check up on me.....  I ended up losing all my friends too.... But I have a God that never fails.......

Always extend a little help...
A thousand naira or cedis can save a life......

I believe so much in giving.... "Remember Jesus himself said: "It is more blessed to give than to receive."

I practice this daily "not because I have much but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing"

Please always help...
Peace of the God be with you all have a wonderful day.....

Stay blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts